[texworks] Possible bug in file name/extension handling

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 15:22:25 CEST 2022

Dear Philip,

On 21.09.22 10:18, Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) wrote:

> Even when "Save as type: All files (*)" is selected, attempting to
> save a file as "MM3.Skips" results in the file "MM3.Skips.tex" being
> created.  Version 0.7 ("github") (gf07c0f4, 15/02/2022 20:55).

Thanks for reporting. This should be improved in the latest development
version (Oct. 23 or later). Your use case should work now (although
saving completely without any extension (e.g., just "MM3" still doesn't
seem to work).

> Aside — would it be possible to make the version number copyable, to
> facilitate reports such as this ?

Unfortunately, I did not find an easy way to accomplish this. The
"About" dialog uses a standard Qt dialog, the text in which does not
seem to be copyable on Windows (although it is copyable on both (Ubuntu)
Linux and macOS). As a workaround, you could use "Help > Email to
mailing list" (provided you have an emaili client configured) to get
access to pretty much the same data (and more) in editable format.

HTH,
Stefan