[texworks] missing a spell-checker

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 03:54:08 CEST 2022

Dear Margaret,

Your current installation of TeXworks looks like it is provided through the
MiKTeX channel; they run their own release of TeXworks with modifications
beyond the official TeXworks standard release ambit.

You may need to ask that question here ... (As doing so might help many
others in the same situation as you.)

https://github.com/MiKTeX/miktex/discussions

If you think you have found a bug in the MiKTeX release of TeXworks, check
out the links at ...

https://miktex.org/support

Please do get back here if anything else arrises.

Paul

On Sunday, 10 July 2022, Margaret Wiecek <wmalgor at clemson.edu> wrote:
> Dear TeXworks,
>

> I have been using the TeXworks editor for typing my documents for a
decade or so. I have always had a spell-checker in the US English that I
could turn on during typing until I installed the version of TeXworks I
currently have. In the Editor menu, when I go under Edit, Spelling, I see
None.

> How could I add a spell checker for the US English?
>

> Thank you,
>
> Margaret
>

> ----- configuration info -----
> TeXworks version : 0.6.7 (MiKTeX) [r.24442ac0, 3/11/2021 5:03 AM]
> MiKTeX version   : MiKTeX 22.3
> Install location : C:/Program
Files/MiKTeX/miktex/bin/x64/miktex-texworks.exe