[texworks] [XeTeX] Disable "mktextfm" and/or use of TFM-based fonts ?

John Was johnoxuk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:32:34 CEST 2022

Hello Philip

I've sometimes encountered inexplicable behaviour like this, and if there's
the slightest hint of a problem with plain XeTeX locating and loading a
font in a particular way, I load it directly from the font file itself,
e.g.:

\font\ffthornreight="[D:/BACKUPS/FONTBKUP/EHRHARDT/FFTHORN/FFThorn-Regular_2.otf]"
scaled 720

Everything in front of FFThorn-Regular_2.otf (the font file) is of course
the location of the font on my data drive - just substitute your own
directory tree for the fonts you want to load this way.

Hope this helps.  It's not a TeX Wizard solution, obviously, but if all you
want to do is get on with the typesetting it works!

John *🇪🇺 * Слава Україні!* 🇺🇦*