[texworks] Texworks errors

Micho, Jeffrey jeffrey.micho at ny.frb.org
Tue May 24 23:44:47 CEST 2022

NONCONFIDENTIAL // EXTERNAL

In TexWorks when you go to Help > Settings and Resources > how do you change the Storage locations?

  1.  On a Windows 10 21H1 computer, I installed the most recent basic-miktex 22.3-x64.exe version, and when I open up TexWorks I noticed the default Storage locations below, pointing to HKCU\Software\MiKTeX\2.9\TeXworks

[cid:image001.png at 01D86F94.66A17590]

  1.  I then installed the same basic-miktex 22.3-x64.exe on another Windows 10 running 21H1, and when I open up TexWorks I noticed the default Storage locations were different, this time pointing to HKCU\Software\TUG\TexWorks

[cid:image002.png at 01D86F95.9AA27D20]

Why would the same basic-miktex 22.3-x64.exe install load into 2 different registry hives?

Also, after updating Miktex and opening up TexWorks, I noticed that the Spell check removes the dictonaries, any idea why?

[cid:image003.png at 01D86F95.EF43FC50]

This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information.  If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.