[texworks] Feature/enhancement request

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Mon May 2 08:22:29 CEST 2022

On 01/05/2022 17:28, Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) wrote

> Oops — I should have tested this before posting.  The compiler
> interprets such pragmats according to its own rules,so in practice the
> delimiters would have to be COMMENT delimiters, as in :
>
>     COMMENT % !TeX Program=Algol-68 COMMENT
>
> As before, is there any possibility to make the syntax of the line-1
> typesetting engine programat more flexible, perhaps defining it in
> terms of a regular expression to allow other compiler syntaces to be
> supported ?

Alternatively, could TeXworks /infer/ the correct "typesetting engine"
from the filename extension for files with extensions other than ".tex"
?  This would eliminate the need for line-1 typesetting engine pragmats
for files with non-standard extensions and use instead a user-editable
look-up table given the correct "typesetting engine" for each
non-standard extension (e.g., ".a68").

--
/Philip Taylor/