[texworks] Feature/enhancement request

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sun May 1 20:08:23 CEST 2022

On 01/05/2022 1:49 p.m., Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) wrote:
> On 01/05/2022 18:30, Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) wrote:
>>
>> OK, many thanks for the suggestion.  I shall give it some thought.
>>
> It looks as if CMD's FOR command plus ECHO might be what is needed.
> Something along the lines of

I'm not familiar with the details of CMD's scripting, but the thing I'd
worry about is that if it drops blank lines, it might make other
undesirable changes as well.  If I was using CMD, I'd probably look for
a program like "sed" that was designed for editing.  sed itself is
available for Windows; the command to echo all but the first line of
input would be

   sed -e 1d < bowls-rr.ta68

or if I wanted to delete all the lines (if any) with % at the start,

   sed -e /^%/d < bowls-rr.ta68

This could be included in a larger .cmd script that went on to run the
compiler.

Duncan Murdoch