[texworks] Installin TexWorks

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 16:24:49 CET 2022

Dear Bernhard,

On 13.02.22 14:52, Bernhard Vass wrote:
> I step by step did what is written in the guide to install >texWorks,
> but here i got this error. Please can anyone help me what I should do?

It seems you are trying to install (compile) TeXworks on macOS using the
instructions based on the homebrew system. Sadly, homebrew relatively
recently dropped support for Qt5 (which TeXworks is currently using).
Until TeXworks is fully ported to Qt6, you can use the pre-built binaries:

The "stable version" is available from https://tug.org/texworks/ and
from https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/releases

The latest "development versions / nightly build" is available from
https://nightly.link/TeXworks/texworks/workflows/cd/master/TeXworks-macOS
(also linked from the TUG site under "Online resources")

HTH,