[texworks] Log4J vulnerability

Sylvester, Donna DSYLVEST at seattleu.edu
Tue Dec 14 18:28:54 CET 2021

Dear TUG folks,

Seattle University is looking into risk exposure regarding the Log4J vulnerability.  As such, we are reaching out to all our software vendors to determine which products are vulnerable and which are not.

Please answer the following questions related to TeXworks.

1.      Is the application vulnerable to the Log4J vulnerability?

2.      If it is vulnerable:

a.      Is there a patch available to remedy the vulnerability?

b.      Do you have a work-around that we can apply?

c.      If there isn't a patch available, when can we expect a patch to be released?

3.      Is there a web page with Log4J status? If so, please provide the link.

Due to the nature of this vulnerability, we need to get a response as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for this information.  If you have any questions or comments, please contact me.

Thank you,

Donna Sylvester