[texworks] TeXworks — buglet and requested feature.

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 22:38:57 CEST 2021

Dear Philip,

On 19.10.21 11:10, Philip Taylor wrote:
> On 24/05/2021, 12:01, Philip Taylor wrote:
>
>> Buglet — let source documents A and B be concurrently open in
>> TeXworks, and let document A be the currently active one.  Using the
>> "Window" menu, make document B active, and press Ctrl+F. Focus is
>> transferred back to document A and the search carried out therein,
>> whereas the intention was to search document B.
>>
>> Feature request — still desperate (and increasingly so) for draggable
>> rulers.  PLEASE !  Oh, and Ctrl-0 for "fit the screen", in addition
>> to the current Ctrl-3.
>
> The "buglet" is really becoming a pain in the fundament — may I
> respectfully ask if there is any likelihood of it (and ideally the
> feature request, which I also desperately need) being addressed in the
> foreseeable future ?

The "buglet" should have been fixed back in June
[https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/commit/33a137662f3b68d7b03e47f547ea816186461892].
So the current "development version" of TeXworks should work as
intended. Could you perhaps check?

Regarding the feature request: as you may have noticed (from me not
committing/posting much recently) I currently have extremely little time
to work on TeXworks, unfortunately. I hope this will get better
eventually, but if someone else wants to implement this feature request
(or others) in the meantime and send a pull request that is always welcome!

HTH,
Stefan