[texworks] texworks NOT working

Arthur Mutambara arthur_mutambara at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 09:50:54 CEST 2021

 here is the file, i am failing to open. is it corrupted? how can i save this file?  It has important information
    On Thursday, April 15, 2021, 08:39:20 AM GMT+2, Arthur Mutambara <arthur_mutambara at yahoo.com> wrote:

  My texwork was working fine. I am doing a book. Now when  I try to load the file i get
Texwork editor and previewer NOT working

Please assist, am desperate
    On Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 09:48:36 PM GMT+2, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:

 On 24/03/2021 12:30 p.m., Sreehari Maddipatla via texworks wrote:
> Sir/Madam,
>
> I have a latex file prepared using Texworks platform. The pdf is built
> without any problem by pressing the green arrow button on the top left
> corner. I added additional material/data at the end of the file (before
> \end{document} command). I pressed the green arrow again but there is no
> change in the output and additional material is ignored. How do I build
> and view the modified tex file ?

What you describe sounds as though it should work.  Some reasons it
might not:

  - You have an error in the new material.  This would normally be
indicated at the bottom of the *.tex screen by a console message and
some messages under the "Errors, warnings, badboxes" tab.  I believe you
usually get an updated display if there's nothing worse than a warning,
but errors stop the process and need to be fixed.  A successful run will
have something like this at the end:

  Output written on main.pdf (251 pages, 2976685 bytes).
  SyncTeX written on main.synctex.gz.
  Transcript written on main.log.

  - On Windows (and other platforms?), I think your PDF file is locked
by some viewers, so you can't update it until you close them.  I don't
think this happens if you're only using the internal TeXWorks viewer,
but I seem to recall that Acrobat Reader would lock it.

If neither of those is the issue, I think you'll need to give us more
detail.

Duncan Murdoch