[texworks] Call for Help: Testing

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Sun Feb 21 11:16:46 CET 2021

Stefan Löffler wrote:

> Dear TeXworks users,
>
> a new minor release (0.6.6) is around the corner, which will hopefully
> make it into TeXLive 2021. To get ready for that, I ask you to test the
> latest version of TeXworks. It is available at the following (new!)
> locations:
> Windows: https://texworks.jfrog.io/artifactory/windows-latest/

A ?bug? report, Stefan, which you may choose to define as a feature.

    Let run 1 of a given TeX source produce a PDF
    Let run 2 of the same source, with a change made, produce no PDF

The transcript clearly shews "No pages of output" but the PDF file,
which did /not/ result from the current run, remains displayed just as
if it did.  IMHO, the PDF should be closed in the case of "No pages of
output".  I was genuinely misled by this ?feature?, whence the reason
for the ?bug? report.
--
/Philip Taylor/