[texworks] Call for Help: Testing
P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Fri Feb 19 17:49:03 CET 2021
Stefan Löffler wrote:
> Dear TeXworks users,
> a new minor release (0.6.6) is around the corner, which will hopefully
> make it into TeXLive 2021. To get ready for that, I ask you to test the
> latest version of TeXworks. It is available at the following (new!)
> Windows: https://texworks.jfrog.io/artifactory/windows-latest/
I /assumed/ that the version offered for testing was
but I would be grateful for clarification of this. Now installed, and
will use it as my production TeXworks unless something breaks, but I
wonder if I might repeat some previous requests and a previous bug report :
* [Bug] Attempting to save a new file as "Bundler.cover" with "Save
file as" set to "All files (*)" results in the file being saved as
"Bundler.cover.tex"; there appears no way to save it as
"Bundler.cover" as desired.
* [Requested features] Support for draggable rulers
* Support for Ctrl +, Ctrl - & Ctrl 0 (zoom in, zoom out, fit to
screen). For that matter, Ctrl 1 (actual size) would also be useful.
* The ability to open multiple source files in separate tabs of a
* Add an "Open-as" option, within which the encoding can be specified.
* Could TeXworks be enhanced to (a) recognise, and (b) insert if
absent, a BOM in UTF-8 files ?
* Would it be possible to augment TeXworks such that, no matter in
which window Ctrl-F/R is typed, it is interpreted in the context of
the source window rather than the preview window ? As this would be
a change to current behaviour, it would have to be specified by a
user preference or similar. And for the rare occasion where one
/does /want to search (but not replace !) in the preview window,
perhaps this functionality could be exposed by Ctrl+Shft+F or similar.
* And/or — amend TeXworks to /not/ steal focus from the text-mode
window when the PDF is displayed. A frequent usage scenario is that
one is performing a series of search-and-replace experiments in the
text-mode window while observing the effect in the PDF window, and
with the current behaviour the next search is invariably a "Search
PDF" rather than a "Search text" as desired.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the texworks