[texworks] TeXworks loading problems under Win 10 aufter update

Rick Voland rvoland at tds.net
Mon Sep 21 23:05:47 CEST 2020

I changed to Sophos antivirus instead of Windows Defender and still have the same issue.

My problem occurs even when TeXworks executable and the test.tex file are both on a local drive, so neither is on a network.

I have no trouble with either
TeXworks-win-0.7-202006210838
or
TeXworks-win-0.6.5-202003251917-git_649699a
when they are run from my desktop.  I believe the second of these is very close to TeXworks as installed by TeXlive

One difference: the versions on my desktop do not store their config files in the same location as the config files for the rest of TeXlive.
TeXworks installed by TeXlive uses
C:\Users\Rick\.texlive2020\texmf-config\texworks

Versions on desktop both use
C:\Users\Rick\TeXworks

Thanks,

Rick