[texworks] My .tex file is blank after I reopen it to continue my work on it

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 16:11:12 CET 2020

I have seen that (though not in TeXworks).  Usually it's caused when I
accidentally highlight everything, then type enough to delete it all.

If I save the file in that state, the best way to recover it is to go to
the last backup.  If you don't have a backup, you can probably get the
text by copying it from the last .pdf file you built, but you can expect
errors when you copy and paste it, and you'll lose all the code and macros.

That kind of error makes me value my hourly backups.

Duncan Murdoch