[texworks] sh: lualatex: command not found

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 21:35:26 CEST 2019

Hi Arno,

On 02.09.19 11:23, Arno Trautmann wrote:
> On 7/15/19 3:06 PM, Arno Trautmann wrote:
>> Hi Stefan,
>>
>> On 7/13/19 11:25 AM, Stefan Löffler wrote:
>>> Hi Arno,

>>> As far as Tw is concerned, there were no relevant changes to the
>>> code in
>>> the past few weeks.
>>
>> Ok, interesting …
>>
>>> I am a bit surprised that lualatex is explicitly called through sh...
>>> maybe you could check the definition of the lualatex typesetting tool?
>>>
>>> Also, can you trace down where lualatex is placed and how it's defined?
>>> On my system, it's a maze of symlinks that ultimately points to luatex.
>>> That could potential;y also cause problems if all symlinks are resolved
>>> and luatex is called instead of lualatex...
>>
>> /home/texlive2019/bin/x86_64-linux/lualatex
>>
>> How do I check the definition? Or what kind of information would you
>> need?

To check, you can e.g. run in a terminal
ls -l /home/texlive2019/bin/x86_64-linux/lualatex
If it's a symlink, it should point (with "->") to the target. Than you
can "ls -l" the target until no -> redirection is found anymore. But I
would first try the suggestion below before going down this rabbit hole.

>> This is the output of tw with env:
>>
>> [...]
>> PATH=/usr/lib/hardening-wrapper/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/default/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl

I just noticed that your path, i.e. /home/texlive2019/bin/x86_64-linux/,
does not show up here. Can you try adding it under Edit > Preferences >
Typesetting > Paths for TeX and related programs?

HTH