[texworks] Texworks: How to embed all fonts?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 19:35:47 CET 2019

Hi Theodor,

On 09.02.19 16:15, tvidenberg at t-online.de wrote:
> I want to publish my thesis. But a requirement is to embed all fonts
> in PDF. How can I do this with texworks?

TeXworks is only a graphical front-end, it does not alter PDF files (or
typeset .tex files, for that matter - pdfLaTeX does that).

> I am using typeset "pdfLaTeX".
>

> If I check under PDF->File-> Properties->Fonts some fonts are not
> embeded: e.g. Helvetica, Courier
>

> Thank you for any help. I am not an expert user of texworks, so please
> could you explain with simple words. Thanks

To my knowledge, Helvetica and Courier are not used by LaTeX by default.
So unless you used some special font packages or something, I would
guess that most likely the unembedded fonts come from figures you
include. If that is the case, please search for how to embed fonts in
whichever program you used to create your figures.

As a starting point, I suggest a web-search for "embed fonts in pdf". I
got, for example:
https://zauner.nllk.net/post/0000-embedding-fonts-into-pdf-files/
https://help.foxitsoftware.com/kb/how-to-embed-font-to-a-pdf-document.php
http://matrossi.blogspot.com/2011/04/embedding-fonts-in-pdfs-using.html