[texworks] Log Files

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 17:19:28 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 2018-09-05 19:36, Nick Cambria wrote:
> After using TexWorks for over a year without trouble, I have finally
> reached an impasse for which I need to view my log files. Luckily,
> everyone seems certain that such files will undeniably be in the same
> folder as my .tex and .pdf output files.  This is untrue.  After over
> an hour of manual searching through all directories MiKTeX is sending
> files to, I cannot find a single .log file, for any of my .tex files,
> let alone the one in question.  Where are my .log files?

The tool "pdfLaTeX+MakeIndex+BibTeX" provided by the MiKTeX build of
TeXworks uses the program "texify.exe" with the argument "--clean"
(among others, see
https://github.com/MiKTeX/miktex/blob/master/Programs/Editors/TeXworks/source/src/TWApp.cpp#L956).
According to the documentation
(https://docs.miktex.org/manual/texify.html), this "removes all
auxiliary files". I would guess that this includes .log files. Try
running another tool (e.g. pdfLaTeX) instead or removing the --clean
argument (Edit > Preferences... > Typesetting).

HTH