[texworks] CPU use (just from editor, not compiling or viewing PDF)

Koleman Strumpf cigar at ad.unc.edu
Mon Nov 20 22:19:34 CET 2017

Hi:

I just installed TexWorks with MikTex on a newish laptop (specs below).
It gerenally runs ok and has no problems compiling. However, when I
leave the editor open there is a persistent CPU use of around 3% (and
sometimes climbing upto 10%); this starts the moment I open the file.
Note the PDF viewer is not open and I am not compiling anything it is
just the editor. This occurs for every TEX file I have opened. Note
however if I just open TexWorks and do not open a TEX file (so there is
nothing in the editor), there is no CPU use.

I am guessing that I have set some option incorrectly but for the life
of me I cannot figure out which one. Does anyone have a suggestion on
what I might try? Thanks for any assistance!

My setup:
Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell Precision 5510 (Xeon, E3-1505M @2.80Ghz; 32G RAM)
TexWorks 0.6.2 (MikTex 2.9.6350)