[texworks] How to align formulas within the same line

Carlos Barrera cbarr84434 at aol.com
Sun Jun 18 17:57:39 CEST 2017

Dear Sirs,
I have written within Latex math formulas which align in the middle. Each line is larger than the next and it aligns in a triangular shape as desired. However, I wish to write another formula within each of the previous lines but I would like to have that formula left aligned.
Example:

\sum(n)^ml=            x
\sum(n)^n=            x+y
\sum(n)^p=            x+y+z

This is an example only but I want the sum aligned via their "=" signs on the left in a column and the others formulas aligned in the center.
I previously used the following to get the middle alignments.

\rule{\textwidth}{1pt}
$$ 1_0^1 \ 1^1_1 $$
\rule{\textwidth}{1pt}
Is there a way to adjust this or do I need another command type?
Thank you for your advice in advance.

Carlos M Barrera