[texworks] Editing Hebrew with inline math or English

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Nov 6 22:54:08 CET 2016

Philip Taylor wrote:
> I (think I) solved the problem by inserting Unicode direction-switching markers at the appropriate points :
>
> \font \hebrewfont = "David"
>
> \hebrewfont
>
> אבג‎$x^2+1$‏דהו‎
>
> \end
>
> As these are difficult to insert by hand, I inserted them as "[" and "]" and then used regular-expression search-and-replace to perform the necessary substitutions :
>
> \[ -> \x200E
> \] -> \x200F
A subsidiary question :  does not your multi-line solution lead to unwanted spaces ?  I found that to replicate the appearance of the typeset output of my inline version, I had to hide two end-of-line markers in your multi-line original, as in :