[texworks] How to view various files of a project in texworks

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Jul 2 21:15:04 CEST 2015

Shray Sharan, Fnu wrote:

> I want to work with all the files simultaneously. For instance while
> working with the class file if I need to change something in the main
> file, is there some kind of Project Explorer in TexWorks which shows all
> the files and so I can just click on any file and work on it?

On a recent project, I had over 50 XML files and a few TeX files open
simultaneously; I could switch between them from the Window menu in
TeXworks, or from the Windows task bar.  What TeXworks lacks is the
concept of a "Main file", so that I can (for example) activate the
"Compile" button while in an XML file and TeXworks will "know" to
compile the main (TeX) file rather than the XML file.

Philip Taylor