[texworks] Trouble with graphics (UNCLASSIFIED)

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Nov 14 00:52:11 CET 2014

On 2014-11-13 at 22:31:57 +0000, Tracy, Fred T ERDC-RDE-ITL-MS wrote:

 > All works well (tables, equations, etc.) except for graphics. I
 > took a .eps file that I got to work just fine before in a Windows
 > XP version of Winedt but the picture doesn't appear when I use this
 > editor. I first installed Miktex on this Windows 7 machine. My .tex
 > lines are
 >

 > \usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
 > [...]

I suppose that you are using TeX engine which creates PDF (pdflatex,
xelatex, lualatex).  If you really want to use dvips you have to
select "latex".

You can also try to remove the dvips option from the line above and
the extension ".eps" from the \includegraphics command.  Then your
.eps files are converted to PDF on-the-fly.

If this doesn't help, please send us the .log file.  I can't believe
that you didn't get any error message.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25