[texworks] Problem opening TeXworks with .tex file

Jannie Hofmeyr jhsh at sun.ac.za
Wed May 28 23:29:36 CEST 2014

Under Windows 7  and 8.1 I usually associate TeXworks with files with a
.tex extension. Before TeXworks-w32-0.5-r1351 double-clicking on any tex
file would open TeXworks with that file in the editor. With all versions
after up to r1364 that this does not work any more: TeXworks opens with
the file visible in the editor (but without syntax highlighting) and
then crashes with an error message to the effect that TeXworks has
stopped working. When I open TeXworks on its own and then drag a tex
file into it there is no problem. Has anyone else noticed this? I
experience the problem on all my computers.

Regards
Jannie Hofmeyr