[texworks] Inserting bibliography

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed May 28 16:08:22 CEST 2014

On May 28, 2014, at 6:37 AM, Pedro Fernández Martínez <pedrofdz at um.es> wrote:

> Hello there!!
>
> I've been a user of TexShop for a long time. Now, I've change to TeXWorks
> and I have the need of an alternative to the BibDesk to insert my bibliography
> and references.
>
> Anyone can help with that??
> Is there a similar program  to bibdesk (with the drag and drop facility) to manage
> my bibliographic database??
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pedro Fernández

Howdy,

BibDesk is used to MANAGE bibliography databases. TeXshop has a built-in ``plugin'' that uses BibDesk to insert citations in a source file while TeXworks doesn't have that feature.

There are other, cross platform applications that manage bibliogrphy databases. One that seems to have a following is JabRef, a Java based application. You can get JabRef at <http://jabref.sourceforge.net>.

I assume you switched to TeXworks and are looking for a different bibliography manager because you need to be cross platform. If that isn't true I see no need to switch either from TeXShop or BibDesk.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)