[texworks] TeXworks, tabs and Perl

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri May 24 13:24:32 CEST 2013

For a long-running (20 years +) project originally
based in WinEDT and now being converted to TeXworks,
I need two features (well, I don't strictly /need/
the first, but I would like it for compatibility with
the way I used to work in WinEDT) :

1) The ability to open several (four) files concurrently
in tabs rather than in windows

2) The ability to launch Active State PERL using a pragmat
analgous to the pragmats that currently launch TeX, PdfTeX,
PdfLaTeX, etc (i.e., % !TeX Program=<whatever>).  Clearly
the latter would need to appear to Perl as a comment.

Are either or both of these possible, please ?  At the moment
I am using TeXworks 0.4.5 R.1280 (Official).

Philip Taylor