[texworks] Problems with proxy and -shell-escape (WinXP, TexLive2011)

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Mar 14 02:09:46 CET 2013

On 2013-03-13 at 14:41:33 +0000, Ubaldo Tiberi wrote:

 > Hi have installed TexLive2011, and I cannot download packages with
 > tlmgr.  However, they provided me a proxy server to use in order to
 > download packets from my building, but I cannot find where to
 > insert this information. Could you please help me?

As Herbert said, tlmgr supports updating for the current release of
TeX Live.

 > Finally, I wish to use psfrag with pdfLaTex. By performing a web search
 > I found that I need the package pstools

It's very likely that you have the pstools package installed already.
It contains a few programs (bbox, ps2eps, ps2frag, pslatex) but it
seems that on Windows only bbox and ps2eps are available.  The others
are Unix shell scripts.  Maybe it's necessary to install Cygwin in
order to run the shell scripts.

 > and I have to enable shell-escape.  Ok for the package, but how can
 > I set -shell-escape?

In Edit->Preferences, select the tab "Typesetting".  Select the engine
you are using and click on "Edit...".  Add the line

  --shell-escape

to the arguments list.

Regards,
  Reinhard