[texworks] no "jump to source' choice on the right click menu of PDF

William Rosenthal wrosenthal at math.arizona.edu
Sat Oct 13 10:14:13 CEST 2012

Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at ...> writes:

>  Hi,
>
> Am 2010-09-15 23:01, schrieb Xiang Wan:
> > I am using Miktex 2.8 with texworks 0.3. Most of the cases, after
> > compiling, we can switch from the source to PDF or other way around by
> > click the 'Jump to PDF (Source)'. However, sometimes the 'Jump to
> > source' button in the PDF file will just disappear. I am using mostly
> > the same template and I can't find where the problem is. Anyone have
> > the same problem or get a solution for this?
>
> You are referring to the context menu item for the pdf preview, right?
> So, could you please answer a few more questions:
> 1) Does "Jump to PDF" exist in the editor context menu even if the "Jump
> to Source" does not exist?
> 2) Do you experience problems with other menu items (missing, not
> working, etc.)
> 3) Does Ctrl+LeftClick work (should do the same as "Jump to...")
> 4) Is there any message in the status bar when (re)loading the pdf?
>
> HTH
> Stefan

Stefan, or present support representative,

I am experiencing the same issue. Allow me to answer the questions you posed to
Mr. Wan.

(0) I have not noticed any issues with the absence of "Jump to source" in the
context menu of the previewer before. As for the file with this issue, there are
only capital and lowercase letters in the full path to the .tex file.
(1) The "Jump to PDF" option does exist in the editor context menu.
(2) I have not noticed any other menu items missing, though I have hardly
performed an exhaustive comparison.
(3) Ctrl+LeftClick on the PDF does not work as it has for other documents.
(4) The term "(re)loading" is unclear. If you mean errors, warnings, or
badboxes, there are 3 badboxes upon compiling/rendering. If I close the preview,
and then choose "Go to Preview" from the editor menu, there is no output.
(Should there be?) The same can be said for the "Jump to PDF" context option
when the previewer is closed. I can find no reference to (re)loading in the
editor menu bar or context menu.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

-William Rosenthal