[texworks] Advanced invoking of bibtex as tool

heck.johannes at googlemail.com heck.johannes at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 25 19:00:12 CEST 2012

Dear List,
has anyone of you already experimented with the biblatex workflow automation as suggested here? I need to pass a very special variable to biblatex (mincrossref=99), but this won’t work as simple argument.
“mincrossrefs={integer} default: 2
Sets the minimum number of cross references to hintegeri when requesting a
BibTeX run. Note that this package option merely affects the format of certain
requests written to the transcript file. It will not have any effect if the editor or
compiler script launching BibTeX does not include dedicated biblatex support or
if BibTeX is manually launched from the command-line. See § 2.4.4 for details.
” (biblatex manual, p. 49)
§ 2.4.4 only points to loqreq package which not yet has a manual and to the wiki-link I’ve already posted.
At the moment, I call Biber from the tools pull-down menu. I added
[002]
name=Biber
program=biber.exe
arguments=$basename
showPdf=false
to my tools.ini.

Is it possible to write a python or perl script which invokes biber/biblatex with those special options and then call this script from Texworks tools?

Any help would be appreciated...

Regards, Johannes

P.S.: 0.5r998 runs very smoothly on my machine. I have the feeling that TW runs faster, lower latencies when opening a document or the preview.
No errors occured yet, only the launchPDF script is not working, the Statusbar says: “Skript: ‘open in default viewer’: TypeError: Result of Expression ‘TW.app.launchFile’ [undefinded] is not a function.”

----- configuration info -----
TeXworks version : 0.5r998 (official)
Install location : C:/Program Files/TeXworks/TeXworks.exe
Library path     : C:/Users/Johannes/TeXworks\
pdfTeX location  : C:/texlive/2011/bin/win32/pdftex.exe
Operating system : Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 32-bit
Qt4 version      : 4.8.1 (build) / 4.8.1 (runtime)