[texworks] The future of TeXworks + how you can help

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 20:07:57 CET 2012

Hi,

On 2012-03-12 15:52, Jérome Laurens wrote:
> If you want to attract programmers, you may also want to offer a more
> attractive programming language. C++ is really hard. There are ruby/Qt
> and python/qt interfaces which are really appealing.

That is a valid point, of course. However, at the moment TeXworks is
written (almost) entirely in C++. There is the scripting feature, but
this is currently designed primarily for simple, repetitive tasks
(though it has been shown to be usable far beyond that in some areas),
but it's not yet fully integrated (in the sense that it could replace
any part of the code). Some improvements to this situation are planned
(see the wiki page), but for the time being we mainly need C++ coders to
make that happen.

Cheers,