[texworks] texworks and version control system on windows

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 13:27:34 CEST 2011

Hello,
** Charlie Sharpsteen [2011-10-27 22:29:30 -0700]:

> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hello,

>> My colleague is interested in collaborating work on our article. Before
>> most of type I did using Emacs and AUCTeX and using git as VCS.  But it
>> is not option (emacs-auctex+git, no go in that direction for now) for
>> him because he works entirely on Windows. I thought about hg (tortoiseHg)
>> and texworks but don't know any workflows: how to cooperate texworks
>> with VCS (tortoiseHg)? Can any share his/her experience in work with
>> TeXworks and VCS (any)?

> There is no version control system integrated into TeXworks---use whatever
> external tools you are most comfortable with.
Thank you.

As I said I've already using emacs+auctex and git but for my
colleague it would be not optimal (though I didn't I ask him).
So I decided to try TortoiseHg and texworks because I also use hg and
know the texworks but worry about workflow. One of the way I see is to
use two tools: texworks and _separately_ TortoiseHg Workbench, one to
work with LaTeX code and second one to commit, revising diffs between
commits... So user have to work with texworks (simple side) _and_ teach
himself to work with HG (difficult side, because he doesn't have any
experience with VCS).

> Personally, when I have to work on Windows, I use msysgit (
> http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/) for version control and KDiff3 (
> http://kdiff3.sourceforge.net/) or GVim for Diff/Patch operations.

AFAIK, kdiff3 is included into TortoiseHg for Windows.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov.

--
Fortune presents:
	USEFUL PHRASES IN ESPERANTO, #5.

Mi ^cevalovipus vin se mi havus		I'd horsewhip you if I had a horse.
	^cevalon.
Vere vi ^sercas.			You must be kidding.
Nu, parDOOOOOnu min!			Well exCUUUUUSE me!
Kiu invitis vin?			Who invited you?
Kion vi diris pri mia patrino?		What did you say about my mother?
Bu^so^stopu min per kulero.		Gag me with a spoon.