[texworks] texworks and version control system on windows

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Fri Oct 28 07:29:30 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My colleague is interested in collaborating work on our article. Before
> most of type I did using Emacs and AUCTeX and using git as VCS.  But it
> is not option (emacs-auctex+git, no go in that direction for now) for
> him because he works entirely on Windows. I thought about hg (tortoiseHg)
> and texworks but don't know any workflows: how to cooperate texworks
> with VCS (tortoiseHg)? Can any share his/her experience in work with
> TeXworks and VCS (any)?
>
> ---
> WBR, Vladimir Lomov

There is no version control system integrated into TeXworks---use whatever
external tools you are most comfortable with.

Personally, when I have to work on Windows, I use msysgit (
http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/) for version control and KDiff3 (
http://kdiff3.sourceforge.net/) or GVim for Diff/Patch operations.

-Charlie