[texworks] Wishlist for pdf previewer

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Sat Sep 24 10:50:42 CEST 2011

Stefan Löffler wrote:
> as you may or may not know, Charlie and I are currently working on an
> overhaul (you could also call it replacement) of the current pdf viewer.
> This means now is the perfect time to tell us what you would like to see
> changed in the pdf viewer, so we can see what we can do to implement them.

I'm not sure how this is called, but at adresses line breaks in the
popup of a link. You might want to have a look at this document:

https://github.com/alt/tex-overview/blob/d9f27338d9c694fe14240aff150a048a086ba2ec/tex-overview.pdf?raw=true

(or type “texdoc tex-overview” if you have the latest TeX Live). On page
7 (“TeX – the program“), there are nodes that show a text if the mouse
is hovered over. In most pdf viewers, this text can be broken into
lines, while the TeXworks viewer just shows one line – compare the entry
to pdfTeX, e.g. using evince.

That's just a small thing, but would be nice to have, and I hope it's
not too hard to implement …

cheers
Arno