[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 20 02:05:01 CEST 2011

On Sep 19, 2011, at 5:52 PM, David-Arnold wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to compile this file. Compiles fine and produces the graphic in Texshop with --shell-escape enabled.
>
> Compiles but does not produce the graph in Texworks.
>
> How do I enable --shell-escape or whatever to get the graphic to show up.
>
> David

Howdy,

To turn it on permanently go to Preferences->Typesetting and Double Click on the pdflatex processing tool to open it for editing. Then add a new argument line and insert

--shell-escape

for the argument. Finally press OK. From then on all runs of pdflatex will use --shell-escape.

I know there is a command that will allow you to activate shell escape on a file by file basis but I'm having trouble finding it at the moment.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)