[texworks] problem with shortcut

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 14:17:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-07-27 09:19, Carlo Marmo wrote:
> while I'm getting more familiar with Tw, I keep having a problem with
> shorcuts. It seems they don't work. I'm following the instructions I
> find in this manual
> <ftp://ftp.umiacs.umd.edu/pub/zwei/LyTeX/Manual/english/texworks.pdf> and
> here <http://www.leliseron.org/texworks/>.

FYI: there's a more up-to-date version of that manual bundled with
recent releases of Tw, as well as available at
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list (though the principal
way of customizing shortcuts hasn't changed).

> Shortcuts configuration is very easy, so I can't figure out why, when
> I try to use them, nothing happens. It's like they are not enabled.
>  What am I missing here?

A few things to note:
*) The file must have the correct name (shortcuts.ini) and must be in
the correct path
*) You must restart Tw before any changes to that file take effect.
*) If done correctly, the shortcut should appear next to the respective
menu item
*) If several functions have the same shortcut (either by default or by
your customization), none of them are accessible via the shortcut anymore

> I use my keyboard with italian layout on Windows 7.

Which version of Tw do you use, and where did you get it from (MiKTeX, a
web page, ...)?
Where did you create your shortcuts.ini file?
And could you paste a sample of it (or the whole file) here?

HTH