[texworks] problem with shortcut

Carlo Marmo carlo.marmo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 14:50:56 CEST 2011

HI Stefan,

thank you for your help.

FYI: there's a more up-to-date version of that manual bundled with recent
> releases of Tw, as well as available at
> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list (though the principal way
> of customizing shortcuts hasn't changed).

Thank you for this information!

A few things to note:
> *) The file must have the correct name (shortcuts.ini) and must be in the
> correct path
> *) You must restart Tw before any changes to that file take effect.
> *) If done correctly, the shortcut should appear next to the respective
> menu item
> *) If several functions have the same shortcut (either by default or by
> your customization), none of them are accessible via the shortcut anymore

OK. Point 3: nothing appears in my menu

> Which version of Tw do you use, and where did you get it from (MiKTeX, a
> web page, ...)?

 Tw version 0.4.0. r.759. I got it from
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list

> Where did you create your shortcuts.ini file?

.Carlo/texworks/configuration

And could you paste a sample of it (or the whole file) here?

I just copy/paste the example in the guide:

actionHard_Wrap = Shift+F3
actionLast_Page = Ctrl+End
actionFirst_Page = Ctrl+Home
actionWrap_Lines = F3