[texworks] TeXworks

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 08:01:39 CEST 2011

On 26 July 2011 10:56, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> and while we're at thanking: thank you all (the community) for sticking
> with Tw, supporting it, and constantly urging us (the programmers) to
> improve it :).
>
> On 2011-07-25 20:57, Paul A Norman wrote:
>> (P.S.) is this directly referenced on TeXworks google code  anywhere -
>> may be the front page? - I have not easily seen it, or have looked
>> right past it.
>
> It's mentioned prominently on http://www.tug.org/texworks/, and it's
> also mentioned on http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/Building (as an
> alternative to building on Ubuntu).
> It's not mentioned on the GC front page (the "Building" page is), but
> then again GC's primary purpose is for development (even though it has
> some general-purpose wiki pages and is used as a kind of file server for
> releases as well).
>

>From an entry level point of view I know what was in the back of my mind...

If you come to the Google Code site as many web searches will lead you
(rather than to TUG), you would intuitively look for current binary
releases under Downloads, in fact that page can even be presented to
you as a/the prime search result, TUG secondarily.

e.g.
http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=TeXworks+download
http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=download+TeXworks

Is it possible to get some descriptive text and links on that page
   http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list
pointing to Stefan's work for Ubuntu, and to Charlie's (if necessary
although it looks like his stable binaries are on the download page)
and any other relevant download page - or point back to
http://texworks.org for the information there?

Or otherwise anywhere else to make a one stop shop for download
information for binaries?

Paul