[texworks] Problem with line mangling (was: Problem with autocompletion)

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 08:30:42 CEST 2011

Hi,

> in particular for
> long (1000+ lines) documents

I had it happening to me while recently testing for it, in a second
re-opened document (a letter) where \end{document} is at only line 192

I'll look at cleaning up and posting my (auto)back-up scripts, can be
run manually or on hooks, and allows for `remembered' custom
directories for backup location.

(Helps in trace back for clean up of a doc if line merge mess-up
wasn't noticed and confusing changes were made - peace of mind at
least, you can actually miss noticing the line-number pileups when
focussed on re-editing).

I am also wondering if this could have happened to me in the past when
line numbers were turned off, as I have found areas later on a reopen,
where I have re-typed almost identical text on a previous edit, in the
same general location areas as the original text, which I might have
previously been putting down to bad work habits due to late night
work—now I am not so sure it was the late nights.

> TeXworks crashes

I haven't had an actual crash from this for a long time (months).

I understand there may be other open source edit components for Qt, I
think I posted on one a few months ago that has text folding and other
features actually pre-built into it - caveats  I do not know whether
it inherits form the component we are having trouble with anyway, and
I have NO idea what would be involved, or whether it would be a curve
ball on the progress on Tw as it stands already.

http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/texworks/2011q1/003694.html

Paul