[texworks] Problem with line mangling (was: Problem with autocompletion)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 08:04:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-06-29 11:21, T T wrote:
>> Of course, I'd like to see the bugfix included if possible, but there's
>> no need to scrap already-printed DVDs (I'm exaggerating here, of course ;)).
>>
>> If r855 indeed fixes the problem (as it appears to), I intend to publish
>> 0.4.3 when I get home from work (probably in about 8 hours).
>>
>> Sorry for the inconvenience,
> No problem, bugs happen, that's just part of the process.  If Karl
> doesn't object, I'll update TW tonight, otherwise we have the first
> bullet point for "known issues" list of TL'11 ;)

it would seem we do have a bullet point for you after all. As Alain
Delmotte reported on another thread, the "line mangling" issue wasn't
resolved completely after all. So I'd suggest something along the lines
of the following:
* TeXworks, as distributed, sometimes mangles lines, in particular for
long (1000+ lines) documents. When moving the cursor across such lines,
TeXworks crashes. As a workaround, disable and re-enable "Line Numbers".
Investigations of this problem are ongoing and the issue will be fixed
in the repository as soon as a patch is available.

Regards,