[texworks] TL2011 pretest on win7

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jun 28 14:22:58 CEST 2011

On Jun 28, 2011, at 3:46 AM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> On 28/06/2011 08:35, Alain Delmotte wrote:
>> What are, in detail, the steps to compile, under TeXworks files with
>> postscript commands?
>> There are two, if I am not mistaken (latex-dvips-ps2pdf and straight
>> pdflatex adding a package) but TeXworks has to be adapted in both cases.
>> Further, are these solutions equivalent?
>
> With a modern TeX installation (which of course includes TL2011),
> pdfLaTeX automatically allows epstopdf to be run to convert any EPS
> graphics to PDF format for inclusion. So for graphic inclusion, there is
> nothing to do at the TeXworks end: it 'just works'.

Howdy,

The side effect is that for each myfig.eps you also (unexpectedly) end up with a myfig-eps-converted-to.pdf which you don't have with the dvi->ps->pdf route. Also, depending upon the TeX distribution's setup that can be turned off; paranoid mode.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)