[texworks] where does python27.dll come from?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 19:02:53 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-06-23 11:13, T T wrote:
> On 21 June 2011 07:19, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> PS: How about the schedule for the release? If the line-mangling issue
>> is finally fixed now, I'll release Tw 0.4.2 soon (waiting for
>> confirmation ATM). But if not, do you suggest releasing another version
>> without that issue fixed by any particular date?
> I would say the sooner, the better (Karl wants to be ready for release
> by the end of this month, I Cc him to this message), even if some
> minor issues are not fixed.  Otherwise, TL will be released with what
> we have now (TW 0.4.1), which would be unfortunate, since it doesn't
> work on vanilla systems.  Please, let me know ASAP whether and when
> you could release, so we can decide what to do.  I would rather want
> to avoid putting 0.4.1 on DVD, because people will keep reporting
> broken TW for a whole year ;)

OK. If nothing else comes up, I intend to release 0.4.2 on the weekend.
Note, though, that the python problem is not a code problem, but only a
build problem, so for this it would suffice to produce a 0.4.1build2 or
something. But there still is the (now hopefully resolved?)
crash/mangled line numbers issue that should be fixed if at all possible
(otherwise, people will complain about Tw crashing without apparent
reason for a whole year ;)).

BTW (hopefully) only out of curiosity: how does TL handle (security)
updates to "external"/binary programs like Tw?

Cheers,