[texworks] where does python27.dll come from?

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:13:41 CEST 2011

Hi Stefan,

I was away for a few days, catching up with my mail now...

On 21 June 2011 07:19, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:

> PS: How about the schedule for the release? If the line-mangling issue
> is finally fixed now, I'll release Tw 0.4.2 soon (waiting for
> confirmation ATM). But if not, do you suggest releasing another version
> without that issue fixed by any particular date?

I would say the sooner, the better (Karl wants to be ready for release
by the end of this month, I Cc him to this message), even if some
minor issues are not fixed.  Otherwise, TL will be released with what
we have now (TW 0.4.1), which would be unfortunate, since it doesn't
work on vanilla systems.  Please, let me know ASAP whether and when
you could release, so we can decide what to do.  I would rather want
to avoid putting 0.4.1 on DVD, because people will keep reporting
broken TW for a whole year ;)

(Karl, FYI, the issue is that TW 0.4.1 uses python compiled with MS
toolchain and so requires appropriate runtime libs (msvcrXX.dll
stuff), which are not installed by default.)

Thanks (and sorry for the pressure),

Tomek