[texworks] Unwanted side-effect of <tab> : how to avoid ?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:45:17 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-06-13 12:37, Paul A Norman wrote:
> On 13 June 2011 20:12, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 13 Jun 2011, at 08:53, Paul A Norman wrote:
>>
>>> Might perhaps be helpful to have something on a <Tw Config>completion/
>>> .txt  file by file basis?
>>>
>> I was originally thinking of doing this - that's one reason for supporting multiple files, rather than just dumping everything into a single text file - but didn't get around to it. At that point it would probably need to be a separate preference panel, though, to avoid over-filling the Editor panel. And maybe that's too much UI for one little feature.... hmmm. Not sure.
> What about a set height slideshowable QListView  populated at startup
> with QCheckBox(es)  from the <Tw config>/completion/*.txt  files'
> list?

Yes, something of the sort. However, I think that right now, this would
be a lot of work and much UI for one little feature. In particular (as
elaborated a bit elsewhere in this thread), Tw has no way of
knowing/guessing what kind of file you're working on. Consequently,
you'd have to constantly change either global or per-file settings if
working with different types of files - which is not very convenient
IMO. Anyway, this might change in the future...

HTH