[texworks] Unwanted side-effect of <tab> : how to avoid ?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:35:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-06-13 09:49, Charlie Sharpsteen wrote:
> I added a preference option that enables/disables tab completion.
> Patch is here:
>     https://github.com/Sharpie/TeXworks/commit/0a09d61.patch
>
> Seems to work on my machine. Definitely needs testing on Linux and Windows.

Thanks for the patch. I share Jonathan's concerns about reading the
settings on every key stroke.
In addition, I'd rather not add a GUI option at this time. At the
moment, we're in the TL'11 testing phase, and I expect a 0.4.2 bugfix
release soon (essentially, as soon as the resolution of issue 469/505 is
confirmed and the new python approach is reported working). If we were
to change the interface now, this would entail a new translation round,
which takes quite some time.

That said, if you could split the patch in two (a code and a GUI part) I
could commit the new code (so power-users can disable autocompletion
from the configuration file/registry) and postpone the GUI part. In that
case, please open a issue at GC (mails tend to get buried ;)).

Thanks,