[texworks] Latest LaTeX downloads break XY Pic on iMac

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 12:56:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-04-15 23:52, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> On Apr 15, 2011, at 4:10 AM, Tom Reinhardt wrote:
>
>> Running on an iMac, software version 10.6.7, running the latest relevant updates from the TeX libraries, etc., I see that LaTeX no longer parses XY Pic diagrams that require under/over
>> arrows correctly:
>>
>> For example <latex-image-1.pdf>
>> should be produced by
>> \xymatrix{A\ar@<0.5ex>[r]^{g}\ar@<-0.5ex>[r]_{h} & B\ar[r]^{f} &C}.
>>
>> This works in LaTeXIT, as the diagram above shows, but does not work in TexWorks or in TeXShop?

It works for me.
Now, since this is not very helpful all by itself: I'm using Linux
(Ubuntu), with TL'10. What TeX distro do you use? And what is the output
you get?

But as Herbert already pointed out, and as you wrote yourself ("I see
that _LaTeX_ no longer parses XY Pic diagrams"), if anything this seems
like a LaTeX issue, not a TeXworks or TeXShop issue, so it might be
better to follow up on this with the mailing list of your distro.

> Could you give us a minimal but compilable sample tex file so we can test it on our systems?

FWIW, I used the following (it doesn't use the fonts, though):

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{xypic}

\begin{document}

\xymatrix{A\ar@<0.5ex>[r]^{g}\ar@<-0.5ex>[r]_{h} & B\ar[r]^{f} &C}