[texworks] Latest LaTeX downloads break XY Pic on iMac

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Apr 15 23:52:34 CEST 2011

On Apr 15, 2011, at 4:10 AM, Tom Reinhardt wrote:

> Running on an iMac, software version 10.6.7, running the latest relevant updates from the TeX libraries, etc., I see that LaTeX no longer parses XY Pic diagrams that require under/over
> arrows correctly:
>
> For example <latex-image-1.pdf>
> should be produced by
> \xymatrix{A\ar@<0.5ex>[r]^{g}\ar@<-0.5ex>[r]_{h} & B\ar[r]^{f} &C}.
>
> This works in LaTeXIT, as the diagram above shows, but does not work in TexWorks or in TeXShop?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> TomR

Howdy,

If it works in LaTeXiT and TeXshop, TeXworks and LaTeXit all are using the /usr/texbin binaries (i.e., the same TeX Distribution) it MUST work with the correct preamable in that latter two since all of these are just front ends to that TeX distribution.

Could you give us a minimal but compilable sample tex file so we can test it on our systems?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)