[texworks] Poppler fonts

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 12:03:22 CEST 2011

Ok, from the fonts bar (using Tw 0.5 ver 773 throughout these tests)

Same as you.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=43f0bda36c&view=att&th=12f0b3e447865446&attid=0.1.1&disp=emb&zw

Realised that Tw session has to be closed completely before renaming the
fonts folder.

If Tw closed and then re-opened then it recognises the changed status of the
fonts folder and looks for fonts in Windows/font instead.

Working form fonts.dir listing  in the Tw fonts folder, I copied ...

d050000l.pfb
d050000l.afm

 ... to a new folder to stand as the Tw fonts directory when the real one
was disabled.

Re started Tw, opened our pdf and everything was great, missing
fonts located in Windows/fonts

and from the Tw font bar can see that zapfdingbats retrieved from

D:\latexportable\LaTexUtils\TeXWorks\texworks\fonts\d050000l.pfb

Are the font-metrics/kerning the same using the Windows .ttf, I'm not sure
if the original way you had it (with the fonts in fonts folder) did not look
better somehow in the Tw previewer.

Paul