[texworks] [MacTeX] Call for Help: Mac builds

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Sat Feb 5 14:18:23 CET 2011

Hello!

I'm having a few problems with the X11 builds of GNU Emacsen that use
the Xaw3d toolkit (it seems that some font related X libraries the
Xorg servers use are defective and that GNU Emacs uses inadequate code
to handle these failures), but it seems that one GNU Emacs developer
has access to Mac OS X and is going to debug some of the problems.
This gives me some time to work on TeXworks builds on the Mac –
'though I have only PPC hardware and therefore "only" Mac OS X 10.5.8,
Leopard, without any snow.

I can also try to develop more detailed instructions on how to build
TeXworks.

My first tries would be to build it with MacPorts. This package
manager has a few Qt packages, so I could iterate on them which one is
actually needed. Once it worked to build TeXworks with packages from
MacPorts I'll try to build and install these packages in /usr/local
with added instructions.

Next step would be to build universal binaries, ready for sharing. I
could also try to do the same on Tiger (Mac OS X 10.4.11?) – I have it
bootable on an external disk.

--
Greetings

   Pete