[texworks] Call for Help: Mac builds

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 19:49:15 CET 2011

On 05/02/2011 18:09, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> First, I feel quite strongly that for the Mac version of texworks, it is important to build poppler *without* fontconfig. This may require a configure-time option, and may even require patching the source and/or the build files. I did this several versions ago (and even sent a patch to the poppler mailing list) -- I think the patches I used can be found in the texworks source tree -- but I'm not sure whether this will work out-of-the-box with current poppler, as I don't think the main poppler developers take much interest in the Mac.

As Stefan says, perhaps the best plan is first to get things working
with fontconfig, then sort that one out a little later. There are
obviously a number of issues to solve.

> The other issue with all the libraries -- poppler, freetype (which poppler requires), and hunspell -- is that you'll need to do universal builds; that may not be the default behavior of their build systems, so passing appropriate configure options or setting environment variables may be needed.

Again, I'd like to 'run before I can walk', and do i386 builds
initially. (To be clear, I've been editing TeXworks.pro to remove the
'ppc' entry, as all that it does currently is result in two failures
rather than one.)
--
Joseph Wright