[texworks] Bug - figure in texworks

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Thu Feb 3 08:32:15 CET 2011

Le 3 févr. 2011 à 08:14, Sivasubramani S a écrit :

> I think the problem is probably with the viewer.
>
> I ran the same file in linux system and got the figure with font.
>
> The problem has now been rectified.

For your PDF file to view correctly, your viewer must be configured such that it knows where to find the following fonts:

TimesNewRomanPSMT
TimesNewRomanPS-ItalicMT
TimesNewRomanPS-BoldItalicMT
Arial-BoldMT

namely Monotype Times and Arial. Depending on viewer and OS, it's not surprising that the situation varies greatly.

For example, here on the Mac your original PDF file, either stand-alone or included in a LaTeX file, is viewed correctly in all the viewers I tried: Apple's Preview, Adobe Acrobat Pro, TeXworks, TeXShop. That's because all of them knows were to find Monotype Times and Arial: Adobe Reader/Acrobat because it includes the fonts; Apple's Preview and TeXShop because they use the standard Cocoa OS framework for using system fonts (those in /Library/Fonts/) and the OS -- or maybe it's MS Office or Apple's iWork -- includes these fonts; TeXworks because... I don't know.

Bruno Voisin