[texworks] Problems on Ubuntu 10.10

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 14:56:38 CET 2011

** Lutz-Peter Kurdelski [2011-01-11 09:15:52 +0100]:

> Hi,

> I installed TeXLive 2010 on Ubuntu 2010 Desktop 64bit.
> I had a simple problem getting TeXLive to work, based on an issue with
> the correct settings of the PATH variable.
> I did this change in the /etc/profile file adding the path to the TeX
> binaries to the beginning of the list in the PATH variable.
> Then I installed TeXWorks.
> It work nicely unless I triy to acces somthing like 'dinbrief.cls' which
> is in the texmf-dist directory tree.
> It looks like TeXWork does not do a correct filesearch. I also checked
> as many configurations file as there are mentioned in the documentation
> but no luc.

> To me it looks like either I missed to do some configuration or there is
> a simple problem in the configuration of TeXWorks.

Try
$ kpsewhich dinbrief.cls
and
$ locate dinbrief.cls

If both gives none then the problem not with texworks but with you tex
installation.

Also you may try
$ locate kpsewhich

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
A billion here, a billion there -- pretty soon it adds up to real money.
		-- Sen. Everett Dirksen, on the U.S. defense budget